Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Department aims at raising the standard of the Institute to make one of the best institutes in the region, to conduct exploratory research to access manpower requirement leading to integrated educational planning, curriculum development & instructional material development in the identified areas of Science & Technology and to conduct research in the inter-disciplinary areas at solving the problems of industry and community. The Department helps the students in attaining the knowledge of modern technology practices in the industry with in reasonable time frame.
The Mechanical Engineering Department comprises of the following Labs such as:-
1. Engineering Drawing Lab.
2. Strength of Material Lab.
3. Theory of Machines Lab.
4. Fluid Mechanics Lab.
5. Applied Thermodynamics Lab.
6. Heat transfer Lab.
7. Automobile Engineering Lab.
8. Engineering Material Metallurgy Lab.
9. Fluid Machinery Lab.
10. Industrial Automation and Robotics Lab.
11. Manufacturing Process Lab.
12. Mechanical Measurement and Metrology Lab
13. Mechanical Vibration Lab.
14. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab.
In addition to the above laboratories the department is also having Workshops such as :-
1. Machine Shop
2. Carpentry Shop.
3. Electrical Shop.
4. Fitting Shop.
5. Foundry shop.
6. Welding Shop.
7. Sheet Metal Shop.
8. Smithy and Forging Shop.
Also the department is having well furnished Lecture Halls & Tutorial Halls. The faculty is well qualified & highly experienced as per requirements.